We are so grateful for your interest in volunteering at Hope Acts. Here are some of the areas where we rely on the generosity of community members like you:
- Do you speak French or Portuguese? Lingala or other African Language? Would you be willing to assist as an interpreter?
- Provide one-on-one assistance to asylum seekers in our Asylum Seeker Assistance Program. Volunteers are needed for AARC, work permit clinic and our walk-in assistance program.
- Facilities, Garden and transportation – Are you handy around the house? Willing to paint a room or two? Do you like to garden? Can you make a run to the dump or help a Hope House resident when they move to their own apartment?
- Interested in the Hope House English Language Program? Volunteers are needed to teach on-line classes, serve on the HHELP Steering Committee and assist with administrative tasks.
- Become a housing mentor - Would you like to help a new asylum seeker/family be successful in their first apartment? Consider becoming a housing mentor.
Please let us know your interest in volunteering for Hope acts by filling out this form.
Or if you prefer, please call our office at 207-274-6005 or 207-228-1140 to discuss volunteer opportunities.