Asylum Seeker Assistance Program
The Asylum Seeker Assistance Program (ASAP) is open to any asylum seeker needing help accessing services or understanding/completing documents.
ASAP does not require an appointment*. Just come to Hope House Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday afternoon between 12:00 pm (noon) and 3:00 p.m
Here are some of the areas where we can help:
- Housing search and applications
- Job search and application
- Reading and understanding English mail & documents
- Making appointments, finding other services and resources, and managing your schedule.
- Completing work authorization forms*
*Please note: Work authorization form assistance is only offered on Wednesday afternoons. We strongly encourage you to call us to schedule a time with a trained volunteer. We are unable to assist with asylum applications or other legal matters.*
Come to Hope House, 14 Sherman Street, 12-3pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
**French and Portuguese translation available**
Questions? Contact the Program Manager, Carolyn Graney, at 207-274-6005, firstname.lastname@example.org