Hope Acts’ mission is…
…to improve the quality of life for persons of the Greater Portland area by addressing needs for healthy living, housing security, and a hopeful economic future, and to strengthen neighborhoods to become safe places of hospitality, hope and healing for all people.
Hope Acts’ vision is…
a community where all people experience social, emotional, physical, economic, and spiritual well-being.
Hope Acts’ core values are…
- Honesty >> We deal with one another with truth and openness. We are authentic in our approach. We are honest about who we are and who we are not, and are worthy of trust. We take responsibility for our actions.
- Respect >> All people have inherent worth. We value the dignity of each individual and strive to understand and honor cultural differences. We demonstrate respect for one another at all levels within the organization.
- Mutuality >> By working with people instead of for people, we help individuals uncover their own unique gifts. Each of us has something to offer in finding and implementing solutions.
- Faithfulness >> Building on a spiritual foundation, we will continue to do the next right thing. We do what we say we are going to do. We remain dedicated to our purpose, regardless of unforeseen circumstances and obstacles.
- Action >> Together we create vision, build teams, align resources, encourage innovation, think strategically, remove obstacles, and take risks to continually achieve our goals.